Monday, May 5, 2008

Moving to the 'burbs

Is anybody out there? It's been forever since my last post. I've been a little busy, but I have some exciting news!

Finally, after 4 months of paying a mortgage, I'm actually going to get to move into my new place. The date is set for a June 4 move, and frankly, I can't wait to get the hell out of the city.

My life is sad. I spend 12+ hours a day at work, and I drive 35 miles to get there. My new place is less than 10 miles from the office. Just think of all the extra hours a week I can spend billing instead of driving!

As much as I'm looking forward to the move, it's stressing me out. I have a ton of stuff to toss out and/or sell. I'm in my mid-30s, and I've been living in dumpy college-style apartments all this time. My place right now is full of cheap-o ikea furniture (lovingly assembled by D & L. Thanks!) After almost 4 years in this apartment, I still have NOTHING on my walls. Moving to a new house, I'm feeling the pressure to actually decorate, so it'll look like a real grown-up lives there.

Maybe I'll actually get off my ass and post some before and after photos...

3 Comments:

Blogger mary said...

oh congratulations JEN!!!! can't wait to see your new place! and help you decorate the heck out of it!! : )

May 5, 2008 at 8:08 PM  
Blogger brent said...

Please don't put my picture in your bathroom

May 6, 2008 at 6:13 PM  
Blogger Jacqueline A. Whole said...

But Brent, it's cheaper than buying ex-lax.

May 6, 2008 at 8:02 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home