Friday, March 21, 2008

Helpless Buffoons (aka First Year Lawyers)

Wow. Less than six months as a lawyer, and I've already become completely inept. Two days ago, I had to get my secretary to teach me how to send a fax. Again. She's already shown me like three times.

This evening, I need to mail a letter to opposing counsel. All the secretaries are gone, and my favorite paralegal has left for the day. I just walked into my friend's office and asked, "Hey, um, do you know how to mail a letter?"

After laughing, he responded, "You know, it's sad that you have to even ask that." Then he paused, and continued, "But it's even sadder that I have to tell you that I have absolutely no idea."

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This goes to prove my theory that Lawyers are unable to interact with regular human beings in a starndard enviornment and must be kept apart from the rest of the world....unless you are my sister and then I will cut you a break.

March 24, 2008 at 5:34 PM  
Blogger rly said...

i've had to ask the front desk how to mail things too. i still don't know how to use that stamp machine thing. oh well...

April 4, 2008 at 7:58 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home