Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Happy New Year...sort of

My apologies for the lack of posting these past few weeks. A lot has been going on. Work was kicking my ass. I was also in the process of buying my first home, so I was very busy trying to get the deal closed. I'll be moving in a few months closer to work.

Also, I just got back from a weeklong trip to Asia. I received a phone call in the middle of the night on new year's eve, that my father had suddenly been taken to the hospital. It sounded very serious so all of his children immediately flew overseas. He was unconscious when we arrived and has not woken up. It seems unlikely that he ever will.

I'm still processing everything that's happened. I was really looking forward to 2008, since 2007 was not my best year. Here's a quick recap of last year.

- Diagnosed with major depressive disorder and started taking meds
- Graduated from law school
- Bought a motorcycle
- Started dating a great guy
- Took the bar exam
- Started a new job
- Broke up with the guy
- Became a borderline alcoholic
- Passed the bar exam
- Went to Spain with my sister
- Quit taking meds
- Bought a new house
- Found out my Dad was dying

Needless to say, it's been a year of extreme highs and lows. I'm exhausted. Here's hoping 2008 will be a more stable year.

I'm sure I'll be back to my jolly self in a little while. I have a fabulous Christmas Eve story to share with you all, so hang in there. Oh, and I still owe you all a second installment of the poop story.

3 Comments:

Blogger rly said...

oh jen... *hug* 2007 for you sounds similar to how 2007 treated me. however cliche this sounds (and i hate sounding all christiany), i will definitely pray about everything you've been going through... and your family too. love you.

January 9, 2008 at 5:29 PM  
Blogger JBY said...

sorry to hear about your dad jen. :(

January 9, 2008 at 10:53 PM  
Blogger calitexican said...

i'm very sorry to hear about your dad too. you know where to find me if you need to talk.

2007 was such a strange year for many people. 2008 can only get better.

January 13, 2008 at 8:28 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home