Monday, February 4, 2008

Billable Hours

It's 5:20am, and I'm already at the office. What the hell am I doing here?

Well, first of all, I couldn't sleep last night. I woke up at around 1:45am and could not fall back asleep. So I lay in bed for a while, got up to get some water, and then decided to hook up my xbox again and play some guitar hero. I made my way through the first 8 songs on expert level, and then realized I was just wasting time. Might as well get to the office early and try to catch up on my pathetic billables.

We're supposed to bill a minimum of 1900 hours a year. Assuming that we take some vacation time, it works out to roughly 40 hours a week that we should be billing, or 8 hours a day. Last week, I was in the office about 13-14 hours per day. Somehow, I wasn't ever able to bill more than 7 hours each day. I guess you could say that I've been distracted. My hours for January are pretty damn awful. I didn't even break 100. Yes, I was gone for a week and there were two holidays, but still. Geez. Not even a hundred?!?!

These guys are gonna fire me any day now.

So now I have 11 months to bill 1800 hours. Other associates are telling me not to worry about it, because the work will come in and I'll be billing like mad. Unfortunately, my problem isn't a lack of work. I've actually got enough shit on my plate to bill 10 hours a day. I just can't focus for that long. Maybe I need ritalin or something. Anyone know what the symptoms of A.D.D. are so I can trick a shrink into prescribing some pills? I'd research it myself on the internet, but unfortunately, I have to go bill now.

UPDATE 10:35am: I am a frigging billing machine!!! 4.6 hours so far.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home